SUMMARY: Sets up and operates jobs on press brake to straighten or bend metal parts to specified dimensions.
- Sets up pressbrake by examining part blank per blueprint, selecting and positioning dies and programming CNC. Runs first-piece to validate set-up and adjusts die or positions shims as required.
- Runs job by lifting manually or by overhead crane and positioning workpiece into bed of machine. Starts ram which presses workpiece into required form.
- Monitors forming operation adjusting machine according to material variances.
- Performs first piece and in-process inspection by checking dimensions of part per blueprint using calipers, height gage, and square
- Performs routine preventative maintenance and general repairs on pressbrakes as required.
QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or general education degree (GED). The ability to read and interpret complicated blueprints. One to three years of related experience. Must be able to lift 75# repetitively. Some CNC or strong computer skills.
Click here to apply online for this opportunity